Stereo Playback from a Single Speaker
Want clear, detailed music but just have room for a single speaker? Then check out Monitor Audio's AWC265-T2. This high-quality in-ceiling speaker uses a dual-tweeter design to deliver the complete stereo mix without the need for an additional speaker. Plus it's moisture-resistant, so you can use it in your bathroom with confidence.
The AWC265-T2 is perfect for kitchens, hallways, or any other room where you want music from a single in-ceiling location. You'll enjoy solid bass from the 6-1/2" woofer, and smooth highs from two 1" gold dome C-CAM® tweeters.
A Built-in Enclosure Elevates your Sound
One of the best features about this speaker is its built-in back-box. This carefully designed enclosure helps the speaker deliver consistently focused, well-balanced sound no matter what kind of space is behind it in your ceiling. It also keeps dust, dirt, and moisture out of your speaker.
Optional square grille can be used with this model.
- High performance C-CAM bass and high frequency drivers
- Stainless steel ‘trim-less’ grille – strong and resistant to corrosion
- Non-ferrous Samarium cobalt magnets for grille attachment – prevent rust and corrosion
- IP55 certified for extreme climate conditions: salt spray, UV stability, water, vibration, anti-corrosion
- Patented tri-grip dog-Leg fixings for easy, long-lasting installation
- EPDM barriers to prevent moisture. EPDM is an extremely durable synthetic rubber membrane ( ethylene propylene diene monomer )
- Gold plated push terminals with silicon cover
- Stainless fixing screws with silicone covers
- Tweeter level attenuation ( internal ) – set prior to installation
- Applications: pool rooms, bathrooms, marine deck, universal outdoor installation
Frequency Response: 60 Hz — 30k Hz
Sensitivity ( 1 watt @ 1 Meter ): 88 dB ( both channels driven )
Nominal Impedance: 8 + 8 ohms
Maximum SPL: 105.8 dBA
Power Handling ( RMS ): 60 watt
Recommended Amplifier Requirements: 20 — 60 watt
6.5" C-CAM cone bass driver
2 x 1" C-CAM gold dome tweeters (fixed angle)
Adjustment Controls: HF Level Switch ( +3 dB / 0 dB / -3 dB ) - adjustable at the point of installation
Connection: 2 x ( 2 pairs ) gold plated push style terminal
Overall Diameter ( including grille ): 9 15/16"
Overall depth ( including grille ): 3 1/2"
Cut-out hole diameter: 8 1/4"
Mounting Depth: 3 1/2"
Optional square grille - outer dimensions: 9 3/16"
Fixing type: 3 position tri-grip dog leg fixings
Construction Material: Mineral filled PC-ABS polymer ( UL V0 fire retardant, RoHS2 compliant )
Grille: SS 430 stainless steel
Magnets: Samarium cobalt
Operating Temperature Range: -29° to 174° F
Weight: 4 lbs 8 oz
Pre-Construction Bracket: CB6 Pre-Construction Bracket ( Purple )
Back Box: CCBOX-R | CMBOX-R
Shipping Weight & Dimensions: 7 lbs, 12" 12" x 7.5"