Monitor Audio's CSS 230 is a brilliantly innovative back-box design with an impressively shallow 2” mounting depth, custom-built to offer hi-fi levels of performance in spaces where no high-quality speaker has gone before.
Between 2” stud frames or where pipework or cabling reduces mounting depth, the hybrid back-box construction and proprietary full-range driver array combine to deliver consistent audio quality with exceptional installation versatility.
The hybrid back-box provides the best of all worlds for installers and customers. Combined, the three proprietary 3” mid-bass units achieve the bass output of a 6 1/2" driver, all from a super-stealthy flush-fitted profile.
In keeping with Monitor Audio’s renowned design rigor, the crossover comprises high-quality film capacitors and low loss inductors - selected for signal integrity - ensuring peerless audio detail and dynamics from a speaker of its size and application. When the CSS 230 is in ‘ported’ mode, a fine gauze protects the acoustic system from dust ingress.
- Super-slim mounting depth 2” designed to fit within 2” stud walls or where space is restricted
- Hybrid CP ‘Controlled Performance’ style, enclosed or open back-box option provides flexible high-performance options and sound isolation in one
- Driver configuration of three 3” C-CAM bass / mid-range drivers in a radial array around a 19 mm C-CAM gold dome tweeter ( fixed position ) and high-quality crossover design offers Monitor Audio’s award-winning signature sound quality
- Gold plated sprung push terminals are reliable and easy to connect
- Magnetically attached ‘Trim-less’ round and square grille options for discreet, reliable and easy servicing, flexible in-wall/ceiling installation, paintable to blend with décor
- Patented Tri-Grip dog leg fixings – Reliable, robust and quick to install
- Existing pre-construction bracket for easier system design and planning
Frequency Response (-6 dB): 100 Hz – 30 kHz sealed ‘CP’ (85 Hz – 30 kHz –open back)
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
Sensitivity (1W@1M): 86 dB
Maximum SPL: 103.8 dBA
Power Handling (RMS): 40 Watts – Full range (60 watts with crossover set to 100 Hz @ 12 dB/Octave)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements: 10 - 60 W
Drive Unit Complement:
3 x 3" C-CAM cone bass-mid drivers
1 x 19 mm (3/4") C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter
Crossover Recommendation: 100 Hz at a minimum of 12 dB/Octave (24 dB/Octave optimum)
Connection: Gold Plated Sprung push terminals – for bare wire connection up to 4 mm(2)
Overall Diameter (Including Grille): 250 mm (913/16")
Overall Depth (Including Grille): 54 mm (21/8")
Cut-Out Hole Diameter: 211 mm (81/4")
Mounting Depth: 50 mm (2")
Optional Square Grille - Outer Dimensions: 249 x 249 mm (9 3/16")
Fixing Type: 3 position Tri-Grip dog leg fixings
Construction Material: ABS (UL94 rated, RoHS2 Compliant) – Painted steel grille
Weight: 6 lb 5 oz
Pre-Construction Bracket: CB6 Pre-Construction Bracket (Purple)
Sold As: Single Unit