Monitor Audio Silver 500
With this masterpiece, we guarantee you won’t need an extra sub to deliver the most demanding music tracks to the fullest.
While assured of incredible scale and breath-taking dynamics from Monitor Audio’s bespoke bass drivers, you are guaranteed clean mid-range, without a hint of distortion, and a delicate, detailed treble thanks to perfect drive unit matching. All bass and mid-range drivers feature the Silver Series’ signature RST Cone profile.
High overall sensitivity and easy loading make the new Silver 500 easy to drive and capable of delivering amazing results in your audio system. In fact, a modestly powered high-quality amplifier is all you need to fill a large room with volume levels that approach live music. And, with just 12 inches needed between the speaker and wall, to allow the system to breathe and perform optimally, the Silver 500 is perfect where space is tight.
This product is now available to use with home theatre design software, The Cinema Designer.
- Three-way, four driver configuration ( both electrically and acoustically ) allows drive units to be optimized to deliver high efficiency and lowest distortion
- New bespoke 25 mm C-CAM, ( Ceramic-Coated Aluminum Magnesium ) tweeter featuring vented Neo magnet system optimized for lower distortion and cleaner-sounding highs
- Specially-developed 4-inch mid-range driver with ‘under hung’ voice coil and motor system so the voice coil is always in the magnetic gap ensuring incredibly low distortion
- Dual 8-inch bass drivers with ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile for better damping and improved mid-range clarity
- RST Cone profile for improved diaphragm rigidity and lower distortion
System Format: 3 - way
Frequency Response ( -6 dB ): 30 Hz – 35k Hz
Sensitivity ( 1 Watt @ 1 Meter ): 90 dB
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
Minimum Impedance: 3.1 ohms @ 2.45k Hz
Maximum SPL: 117 dBA ( pair )
Power Handling ( RMS ): 250 watts
Recommended Amplifier Requirements: 80 – 250 watts
Bass Alignment: Bass reflex. HiVe II port system
Crossover Frequency: Low F / Mid F: 625 Hz, Mid F / High F: 3.1k Hz
Drive Unit Complement:
2 x 8" C-CAM RST bass driver
1 x 4" C-CAM RST mid-range driver
1 x 1" C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter
External Dimensions Including out-rigger plates, feet & spikes: 42 5/8" x 11 11/16" x 14 7/16"
Weight ( each ): 22.8 kg