The Silver W-12’s over-specified driver assembly employs a hugely powerful magnet system and massive voice coil to deliver immense power from the compact sealed cabinet. A heavy-duty die-cast basket not only holds the massive system rigidly together, but also assists thermal sinking to keep the driver cool.
For the Silver W-12 subwoofer Monitor Audio specified a 500-watt Class-D amplifier and power-supply module from highly-regarded amplifier specialist Hypex; this provides incredible headroom and utilizes advanced switch-mode power conversion techniques. A powerful DSP has been employed to deliver the best performance and filter characteristics, while running the unique APC ( Automatic Position Correction ) system. The APC is a completely in-house development, designed to automatically correct for room modes. It uses a microphone and test tones to calculate detrimental room modes and correct frequency response, optimizing it for the room and position. This is a simple and quick automated process that is a complete revelation to the installer and ensures the user can enjoy the subwoofer quality without positioning restrictions.
At the heart of the Silver W-12 lies a sophisticated 32-bit micro-controller, monitoring performance thousands of times per second, ensuring the system can deliver the best possible bass. It will never become over-driven or distorted, even at maximum power.
- Ultra long-throw 12-inch driver featuring ‘dished’ C-CAM cone
- Triple suspension for ultimate linearity ensuring control at high power and excursions
- Oversized black anodized 3" voice coil which provides high power-handling and low distortion
- Powerful 500 Watt RMS Class-D amplifier with switching power supply provides instantaneous delivery of high current when required
- DSP processing with all control features and crossover performed digitally
- Automatic Position Correction plus automatic room setup feature using microphone for simple system optimization
- USB for firmware updates
- Three preset EQ mode settings ( Music, Movie, Impact )
Lower Frequency Limit: 20 Hz ( Typical IEC room )
Upper Frequency Limit:40 – 120 Hz variable
Low Pass Filter Alignment: Active 4th order 24 db / octave
Amplifier Output:500 watt continuous
Amplifier Classification:Class-D amplifier with switched-mode power supply ( SMPSU )
Bass EQ Profiles:
Phase Control: 0 & 180 degrees
Auto Sensing: Line Level >2 mV
Input level Requirements:Standby after 20 minutes if no signal sensed
Drive unit complement: 1 x 12" C-CAM subwoofer driver featuring triple suspension and 3" long throw voice coil
Trigger input: 5 – 12 Volt via 3.5 mm mono mini-jack socket
Cabinet Dimensions Excluding grille & terminals: ( H x W x D ) 13 3/8" x 13 3/8" x 14 15/16"
Dimensions Including grille, amp & feet: 14 9/16" x 13 3/8" x 16 1/8"
Mains input voltage: 110 – 120 VAC 60 Hz
Power Consumption: 400 watt / 0.5 watt in standby
Net Weight: 20.1 kg
Shipping Weight & Dimensions: 51 lbs, 21" x 19" x 19"