Easy to place in-room the PL 100 II will nevertheless belie its compact dimensions with a wide open soundstage punctuated by breath-taking dynamics and imaging so stable you can almost touch it. A bespoke floor stand ( available separately ) will position the PL 100 II at the perfect listening height.
This product is now available to use with home theatre design software, The Cinema Designer.
- 6 1/2" RDT II bass/mid driver
- MPD ( Micro Pleated Diaphragm ) high frequency transducer designed specifically for Platinum II
- Single rear HiVe II port
- New patented 'DCF' ( Dynamic Coupling Filter ) mechanism for more natural sound
- Bespoke speaker terminals and footings
- Underhung, edge-wound voice coils: greater driver efficiency and lifelike dynamics, less distortion
- Bolt through drivers: clearer sound and cleaner aesthetics
- Anti-Resonance Composite ( ARC ) mid-range housings and baffle components: reduced cabinet vibration, purer sound quality
- Hand-upholstered front baffle: the very highest quality Inglestone leather supplied by Andrew Muirhead
- Individual driver grilles
- Finish options: Santos Rosewood or Ebony natural wood veneers with clear gloss piano lacquer, or Piano Black Gloss Lacquer
- Optional dedicated floor stand available
Frequency response ( -6 dB - IEC 268-13 ): 40 Hz — 100k Hz
Sensitivity ( 1 watt @ 1 Meter ): 88 dB
Maximum SPL: 111.8 dBA ( pair )
Nominal impedance: 6 ohms ( 4.5 Ω min. @ 160 Hz )
Power handling ( RMS ): 120 watt
Recommended amplifier requirements: 60 — 120 watt
Cabinet design: Single rear HiVe II port
Drive unit complement:
1 x 6 1/2" RDT II bass/mid driver
1 x MPD high frequency transducer
Crossover frequency: 3.0k Hz
External dimensions including feet and spikes ( H x W x D ): 14 5/8" x 8 7/8" x 12 5/8"
Weight ( each speaker ): 32 lbs 14 oz
Shipping weight & dimensions: 86 lbs, 32" x 15" x 20"