Extraordinary Sound with All-Weather Capability
Planning a new in-ceiling audio system in non-traditional rooms of your home? Then consider Monitor Audio's AWC280 in-ceiling speaker — part of the company's all-weather "AW" series that lets you enjoy clear, full-range sound in areas that are exposed to the elements. Use this speaker for a neat-looking (and great-sounding) custom installation in your bathroom, on your porch, or in other areas where "regular" speakers aren't suitable.
High-Tech Drivers for Better Sound
One of Monitor Audio's hallmark technologies is their "C-CAM" driver material. It's a ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy originally developed by the aerospace industry for jet engine components. It's super lightweight and strong, which allows the drivers to respond very quickly and precisely for accurate sound.
The AWC280's 8" woofer and 1" dome tweeter are both made from this material. The tweeter is even treated with an anodized layer of gold for smooth, extended high-frequency response.
Optional square grille can be used with this model.
- Quick and easy installation
- High Performance C-CAM bass and high frequency drivers
- Stainless Steel ‘Trimless’ grille – strong and resistant to corrosion
- Non-ferrous Samarium Cobalt magnets for grille attachment – prevent rust and corrosion
- IP55 certified for extreme climate conditions: Salt Spray, UV stability, Water, Vibration, Anti-corrosion
- Patented Tri-grip Dog-leg fixings for easy, long-lasting installation
- EPDM barriers to prevent moisture. EPDM is an extremely durable synthetic rubber membrane ( ethylene propylene diene monomer )
- Gold plated push terminals with silicon cover
- Stainless fixing screws with Silicone covers
- Tweeter level attenuation ( internal ) – set prior to installation
- Applications: pool rooms, bathrooms, marine deck, universal outdoor installation
Frequency Response: 50 Hz — 30k Hz
Sensitivity ( 1 watt @ 1 Meter ): 89 dB
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
Maximum SPL: 109 dBA
Power Handling ( RMS ): 100 Watt
Recommended Amplifier Requirements: 20 — 100 Watt
8" C-CAM cone bass driver
1" C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter ( fixed angle )
Controls: HF Level Switch ( +3 dB / 0 dB / -3 dB ) - Adjustable at the point of installation
Adjustment Controls: 2 x ( 1 pair ) Gold plated push style terminal
Overall Diameter ( Including Grille ): 11 1/4"
Overall Depth ( Including Grille ): 4 1/32"
Cut-Out Hole Diameter: 9 3/4"
Mounting Depth: 3 7/8"
Optional Square Grille - Outer Dimensions: 11 1/4"
Fixing Type: 3 position Tri-Grip dog leg fixings
Construction Material: Mineral Filled PC-ABS Polymer ( UL V0 Fire Retardant, RoHS2 Compliant )
Grille: SS 430 Stainless Steel
Magnets: Samarium Cobalt
Operating Temperature Range: -29° to 174° F
Weight: 6 lbs 2 oz
Pre-Construction Bracket: CB8 Pre-Construction Bracket ( Green )
Back Box: CCBOX-R | CMBOX-R