Unique design, exquisite performance
At first glance, the Bowers & Wilkins PV1D looks like some kind of futuristic craft. But there's more to this sleek powered subwoofer than meets the eye. Its unique design creates exceptionally accurate, musical bass. Let's take a closer look...
An inside look at the PV1D's driver assembly shows the ingenuity behind its unique design.
Two woofers are better than one
The PV1D is outfitted with not one, but two 8" woofers, which are powered by a built-in 400-watt amp. The cones fire in opposite directions, giving you evenly distributed bass that will fill your room.
Each woofer uses a hybrid aramid fiber / aluminum cone design. This stiff-yet-lightweight configuration allows them to respond quickly and accurately to the dynamic peaks in music or movie soundtracks.
Modeled after pressure vessels
The rigid, almost-spherical design of the PV1D comes from a careful study of diving spheres and other pressure vessels. In other words, it's shaped like a bubble.
This rounded design allows the PV1D to handle high levels of air pressure. It delivers deep, clean bass without distortion or vibration.
Tailor the sound to your room
The PV1D sports touch-panel controls that let you dial in the sub for your room and speakers. You can easily adjust crossover frequency and slope, phase, and more.
This sub even has preset configurations for specific Bowers & Wilkins loudspeakers, making it an excellent choice for a Bowers & Wilkins stereo or home theater system.
For even more in-depth adjustments, you can connect the PV1D to a Windows® PC using the included 16-foot USB adapter cable and run the free Bowers & Wilkins SubApp.
A rich history of audio excellence
Founded in England in the 1960s, Bowers & Wilkins is known worldwide for their innovative hi-fi speaker designs and their premium headphones. Crutchfield is proud to offer a diverse selection of products from this legendary audio brand.
- 400-watt Class D amplifier
- Dual 8" hybrid aramid fiber/aluminum woofers
- Touch-panel controls for crossover frequency and slope, phase, and more
- Acoustic suspension ( sealed ) enclosure
- Rounded design for handling high levels of air pressure
- Note: this sub does not come with grilles
- Continuously variable 25-140 Hz crossover
- Speaker-level and line-level stereo RCA inputs
- 3.5mm serial (RD-232) port
- Allows control and setup via Bowers & Wilkins PV1D SubApp using a Windows® PC and provided USB adapter cable
- Allows control via third-party home automation system
- Auto on/off
- 103/4"W x 131/2"H x 141/8"D
- 41 lbs.
- Warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FP31089
Bowers & Wilkins PV1D owner's manual
- Powered subwoofer
- 6.5' AC power cord
- 16' Proprietary speaker-level cable
- 16' USB-to-minijack cable
- Cleaning cloth
- Bowers & Wilkins brochure
- Warranty Information
Are you an audiophile on a budget? If you check out via PayPal, you have the option offered at PayPal checkout! ( Free to sign-up & free account ).
Or contact us to inquire how you can finance your purchase through our partner, ( Synchrony ).