The Bryston 21B³ three channel amplifier was crafted to provide superb amplification for your Bryston Active Loudspeaker System. The Bryston 21B³ is essentially composed of a 7B³ & a 4B³ amplifier, which provides plenty of power for a single active loudspeaker. Two of these amplifiers will drive your active system with breathtaking ease and clarity.
The Bryston 21B³ three channel amplifier was crafted to provide superb amplification for your Bryston Active Loudspeaker System. The Bryston 21B³ is essentially composed of a 7B³ and a 4B³ amplifier, which provides plenty of power for a single active loudspeaker. Two of these amplifiers will drive your active system with breathtaking ease & clarity.
Fully active loudspeaker systems dispense with passive crossovers found in conventional loudspeakers in favor of inserting the crossovers before the amplifier. The benefits include increased flexibility of filter shapes, the ability to make fine-grained adjustments resulting in improved on and off axis response ( these are often competing objectives in passive loudspeakers ), direct coupling of the amplifier to the driver ( avoiding losses inherent in passive crossovers ), and higher SLP with lower distortion. The Bryston Active Loudspeaker System combines decades of research into acoustics, electronics, amplification, and state of the art components to recreate your recordings with stunning realism.
First to Last Watt Philosophy
A significant part of the design criteria for the new Cubed series was to develop amplifiers that would maintain an ideal power curve from the first watt to the last. Most amplifiers exhibit a power curve where the best noise floor, drive capability and distortion are achieved from about 1/3 power and up. The new Bryston Cubed series amplifiers maintain their ideal power curve starting right from the first watt.
Achieving this Starts with a Number of Design Approaches:
- Complete freedom from low-level crossover, zero-crossing, artifacts
Most class-AB amplifiers have sufficient bias to prevent primary crossover distortion, but secondary crossover distortion is caused by insufficient speed in the driver transistors. The Cubed Series uses very fast drivers to help prevent this, as well as proprietary technology. Bryston's Quad Complementary Output design vastly reduces the capacitance seen by the driver transistors, virtually eliminating storage delay in the output stage that could contribute to nonlinearities in the zero-crossing region.
- Continuing Efforts to Reduce low-level Noise. The Clarity of Level Noise
The clarity of Bryston's designs is enhanced at low listening levels by pushing the noise floor far below the signal level, improving the silence between the notes and enhancing the clarity of the music at low power levels.
- Concentration on Reducing Distortion at all Levels, Especially High Frequencies
Bryston amplifiers are perhaps the only designs to concentrate so much effort at reducing HF distortion artifacts, and the results are remarkably flat THD-with-frequency curves, sho frequency curves, sho frequency curves, showing almost no tendency to wing almost no tendency to increase distortion as frequency rises. This has the effect of reducing overall haze, helping to pull the quietest passages out of the background.
Additionally, the new Cubed Series employs highly effective RF employs highly effective RF rejection in the power supplies, which traps and eliminates radio-frequency hash from either interfering with or emanating from the amplifier via the power cable or signal cables.
- Balanced XLR and Single ended RCA input
- 3 Channels each with fully independent power supplies including transformers
- 600W into 8 ohms (and up to 900 into 4 ohms) for one channel. Two more channels each rated at 300W into 8 ohms and 500W into 4 ohms.
- The patented Salomie circuit found in all Cubed Series amplifiers
- Switchable gain (23dB or 29dB)
- Fully convection cooled means no noisy fans
- Machined and anodized aluminum enclosure and dress panel
- Less than 500mW standby power consumption
- SoftStart microprocessor controlled startup sequence won't trip circuit breakers
- DC trigger for automated turn on and turn off
- Legendary Bryston 20 Year Warranty
- Silver or black faceplate
- 17” or 19” faceplate (non-rack mountable) 19" comes with front mounted handles
|Dimensions||Inches: 17 or 19 W x 8.1 H x 16.8 or 18.4 (with front handles) D|
|Weight||91 lbs | 41 kg|
|Frequency Response:||<1hz - 100khz: -3db|
|THD+N (20Hz-20kHz @ Rated Power, 8Ω):||<0.005%|
|Power Output (per channel):||CH 1: 600W @ 8Ω | 900W @ 4Ω|
|CH 2&3: 300W @ 8Ω | 500W @ 4Ω|
|Input Impedance:||Unbalanced 7.5kΩ|
|Balanced 5kΩ / leg|
Contact us to inquire how you can finance your purchase through our partner, .