The Model T Active Loudspeaker combines decades of research into acoustics, electronics, amplification, and state of the art components to recreate your recordings with stunning realism. Fully active loudspeaker systems dispense with passive crossovers found in conventional loudspeakers in favor of inserting the crossovers before the amplifier. The benefits include increased flexibility of filter shapes, the ability to make fine-grained adjustments resulting in improved on and off axis response (these are often competing objectives in passive loudspeakers), direct coupling of the amplifier to the driver (avoiding losses inherent in passive crossovers), and higher SLP with lower distortion.
The Model T Active Loudspeaker was built to be exceptionally high quality and affordable, while bringing superior design to the table. New driver designs, enclosure vibration analysis, and anechoic chamber testing all went into creating an amazing product. A “state of the art” audio system involves what some refer to as a “suspension of disbelief”. This means the playback system transcends the recorded medium and transports you to a live venue. You forget it’s a recording and believe you are there at the live performance. Our goal with the Bryston Model T Active loudspeaker is to provide our customers with a superior level of “disbelief”.
The Model T Active Loudspeaker requires the BAX-1 Active DSP Crossover and three amplifier channels per speaker. We recommend two 21B³ three channel amplifiers (one for each loudspeaker) to create a complete system. This combination will create an optimum listening experience. A superbly designed active loudspeaker system can bring higher resolution and dynamic control to your audio system. The differences are far from subtle and the Bryston Active Loudspeaker System takes the performance to the next level.
- High levels of SPL without distortion or compression
- Unit to Unit matching
- Custom designed drivers with die-cast aluminium baskets, substantial magnet assemblies, and custom motor systems
- Wide dispersion design
- Engineered to prevent cabinet resonances
- Requires three amplifier channels per speaker
- Requires BAX-1 Active DSP Crossover
Options: Extra Large Out-Riggers - Equipped with larger spikes with adjustable height (via Allen key).
- Black Ash, Boston Cherry, Walnut, or Espresso Walnut
- Custom Veneer (Additional Cost)
- Frequency Response: 25Hz to 20Khz (+/- 3dB)
- Impedance: 4 Ohms (nominal)
- Sensitivity: 89 dB SPL @ 1 meter with 1 watt (anechoic)
- Maximum SPL: 118 dB SPL @ 1 meter
- Recommended Power: 10 watts to 500 watts RMS
- Tweeter: Dual 1.0"
- Midrange: Dual 5.25"
- Woofer: Triple 8.0"
- 52.5” ( H ) x 10.5” ( W ) x 16.5” ( D )
- 1334mm ( H ) x 267mm ( W ) x 419mm ( D )
Contact us to inquire how you can finance your purchase through our partner, .