The AC-EX40-444-KIT is a revolutionary 4K @ 60 Hz 4:4:4, HDR & 18 Gbps supported HDBaseT extender over single CAT ( 6a recommended ) UTP / STP.
AVPro Edge presents its first 18 Gbps over copper extender. Using ICT ( Invisible Compression Technology ) we have achieved what was thought to be impossible. We can deliver a virtually lossless high bandwidth 4K HDR signal with support for all signals up to 18Gbps. Deep Color and HDR Metadata remain intact making the transmission free of artifacts like banding. Other similar devices will deliver a sub-par image that has very visible banding and color shifting.
Key Benefits of Using AC-EX40-444-KIT:
Invisible Compression Technology: ICT is a revolution in HDMI extension technology. This proprietary technology can compress high bandwidth HDMI signals into a more manageable size to fit through a CAT Cable "pipe". The ICT algorithm can manage all flavors of HDR including 4:4:4, 4:2:2, and 4:2:0 as well as signals up to 18 Gbps and 4K 60 Hz 4:4:4. The architecture of ICT allows it to be compatible with all chroma subsampling types, color spaces and HDMI Deep Color up to 12 Bit. Our technology is unique because it is truly invisible. It is not only invisible to the human eye, it is invisible to HDMI test gear and other sink devices, what comes in is what goes out. What makes ICT special is that we preserve HDR Metadata and color information and depth in its full, original, integrity. Other compression technologies sacrifice these to save space and it will cause very visible banding, color shifting and motion artifacts in the image.
This technology is backed by extensive testing in side by side comparisons of ICT vs direct connected sources. The setup is two identical displays and a single source. The source is split and sent to both displays, one using ICT and one with an 18Gbps cable. The movie is shown in HDR and evaluators are brought into determine which one is compressed. The results are conclusive, it is invisible. Even to the most trained eye.
Extend 4K @ 60 Hz / 4:4:4 and HDR Signals: The length of manufactured HDMI cable is unchangeable after it is made and they are unreliable after about 25 feet. Additionally, HDMI connectors can only be terminated in specialized factory environment due to its extremely high frequencies and high density. This does not allow installers or users to remake or make cables on a DIY basis. CAT-6A cables are available widely and can be reworked easily by the installer or end-user. Additionally, using CAT cable allows the user to change components as technology changes. By using AC-EX40-444, the transmission distance for HD 1080P is up to 70 meters ( 230’ ) and UHD, 4K resolution the distance reaches an impressive 40 meters ( 115’ ).
Down Scaling: The AC-EX40-444-KIT has a scaling circuit built into the transmitter. The scaler can scale 4K ( and HDR ) --> 1080P. A common application for this is when you have a 4K distribution and you have one or two displays that are older. You can use the extender to scale down where you need to and not have to reduce the entire system. The AC-EX40-444 does the heavy lifting, eliminating the need to add additional boxes. This is an ideal choice for extension for projects requiring an 18G matrix like the AC-MX1616-AUHD.
Total EDID Management: The AC-EX40-444-KIT has robust EDID control. EDID management allows you to manage the input device and request specific video resolutions and/or audio codecs. the following EDID options are available:
- EDID Bypass
- 1080P 2 channel Audio
- 1080P 8 channel Audio
- 4K60 4:2:0 2CH Audio
- 4K60 4:2:0 8CH Audio
- 4K60 4:4:4 HDR 2 channel Audio
- 4K60 4:4:4 HDR 8 channel Audio
- USER EDID – EDID Copy
The EDID Copy Function allows you to copy and save from any display or projector you want to.
On Board Troubleshooting: This unit allows you to generate a 1080P or 4K test pattern to identify external problems ( source, repeater, displays, etc... ). You can now be sure that your wiring is correct and get to the bottom of problems quickly should they arise, without having to worrying if the source or sink is working properly. You can generate a test pattern from the Tx or the Rx so you can verify total system infrastructure integrity.
Cascade: AC-EX40-444 features HDMI signal equalization and amplification. This allows for a “daisy chain” of AC-EX40-444 extenders for extremely long distance transmission. With our unique bi-directional power, there is no need for a power source where the Rx and Tx meet up in a daisy chain, simply power the first Tx and the second Rx and power will be provided to the middle remotely.
IR & RS232 Management: IR & RS-232 are bidirectional and can control the sources from the sinks or vice versa.In addition you can use the I-PASS port to plug your Control System emitter ports directly into the IR ( I-PASS ) port on the transmitter ( via mono 3.5 mm cable ) for clean and reliable IR pass through, our unique VPC ( Voltage Protection Circuit ) allows you to do this without wear and tear on the electronics inside.
4K Extender Applications
- Point to point HDMI extension – flat panel in BR# 1 to STB in basement – makes for a very clean install.
- As an add-on to any matrix switch up to 18 G for long distance zone coverage.
- To carry the control signals ( IR / RS232 ) for third party control integration for turning components on and off and switching channels, etc.
- For retrofit jobs where there is category cable already run and re-engineering is not an option.
- Cascade for ultra long distances
- HDMI 2.0 ( a / b )
- 18 Gbps Bandwidth Support ( using ICT )
- Ultra slim ( .47 inches / 12 mm )
- Up to 4K @ 60 Hz 4:4:4 support
- Full HDR support ( HDR 10 & 12 bit )
- HDR, HDR10+ and HLG support
- 4K --> 1080P down-scaling for mixed systems
- EDID Management and EDID emulate
- 4K & HD test patterns built into Tx & Rx for troubleshooting
- Left / Right audio extraction on Tx and Rx
- HDCP 2.2 ( and all earlier versions supported )
- CEC Pass Through
- 3D support
- 70M ( 230 feet ) on 1080P ( Cat 6a )
- Up to 40 meter ( 131 feet ) on 4K ( up to 4K @ 60 Hz 4:4:4, HDR ) ( Cat 6a )
- Bi-directional 48v PoH ( Power Over HDBaseT, only one Power Supply Needed )
- I-Pass feature for control system "pass-through"
- 3-20v protection circuit built in for safe IR transport
- Bi Directional RS232 transport
- LED status, link, power indication lights
- Use single UTP / STP LAN cable ( Cat-6a ) with substitute HDMI cable to achieve long distance transmission.
- Supports uncompressed PCM 2- Ch., LPCM 5.1 & 7.1, Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby TrueHD, DTS HD-Master Audio, Atmos on HDMI
- ESD protection circuitry ( Inputs & Outputs ) to 7KV
- Can cascade
Whats in the Box?
- AC-EX40-444-T ( transmitter )
- AC-EX40-444-R ( receiver )
- 48V power supply ( one supplied )
- 1 x IR Tx unit
- 1 x IR Rx unit
- 4x 3 Pin terminal blocks for audio and RS232 Ports
- Mounting Ears
*Optional 3 Pin to Stereo Audio Cables available for purchase*
Contact us to inquire how you can finance your purchase through our partner, .
AV Pro Edge 70 Meter 4K HDMI Receiver via HDBaseT with HDR, AC-EX70-444-RNE
AV Pro Edge HDMI 40 Meter Extender KIT via HDBaseT Kit with HDR, AC-EX70-444 Kit
AV Pro Edge 18Gbps 4K60 4:4:4 4x4 HDMI Matrix Switch, AC-MX-44
AV Pro Edge Ultra High Definition True HDMI Matrix Switch
AV Pro Edge Single Fiber Extender for Multi-Mode (300 M) or Single Mode (1000 Meter), AC-EXO-444
AV Pro Edge 4K 1 x 2 AUHD HDMI Distribution Amplifier
AV Pro Edge Bullet Train Ultra HD 4K 60Hz 18Gbps HDMI Jumper Cable
AV Pro Edge Bullet Train Ultra High Bandwidth HDMI Cable