Designed for Big Sound & Consistent Performance
Looking for a reliable in-ceiling speaker for your custom-installed home audio system? We can recommend Monitor Audio's Controlled Performance Series CP-CT380 as a safe bet. What makes it especially safe is its built-in back-box: a compact enclosure on the back side of the speaker that hides out of sight and helps it deliver consistently focused, well-balanced sound. With normal open-back in-ceiling speakers, the space that's behind them can affect their tonal characteristics, and not always in a good way. By taking the guesswork out of the equation, Monitor Audio ensures that when you install a Controlled Performance speaker in your ceiling, you'll want to keep it there.
Substantial Bass for an 8" Woofer
Solid, accurate bass comes courtesy of a sizeable 8" woofer. Its cone is made from the same carefully engineered alloy material as the tweeter. And to further improve its accuracy, Monitor Audio designed it with a dimpled surface that makes it even stronger and lighter. This driver, along with a die-cast aluminum front baffle, treats you to musical, well-defined bass.
- Pivoting C-CAM gold dome tweeter.
- C-CAM bass driver featuring Rigid Surface Technology ( RST ).
- High overall efficiency.
- High frequency level adjustment ( +/- 3 dB ).
- Boundary compensation controls.
- Our innovative Tri-Grip® fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes but provides three times the surface area and a better surface seal, maximizing bass response and mid-range clarity.
- Magnetic and easily removable steel grille.
- Paint-able surface to blend with the living environment. Additional trim material is provided for trouble free painting.
- Airtight enclosure design, which protects each precision-engineered driver system against the damaging ingress of dust and dirt.
Frequency Response: 50Hz - 25k Hz
Impedance ( Nominal ): 6 Ohms
Sensitivity ( 1 Watt @ 1 Meter ): 89 dB
Maximum SPL: 109.6 dBA
Power Handling ( RMS ): 120 Watt
Recommended Amp Requirements: 30 - 120 Watt
Crossover Frequency / Slope: 2.5k Hz @ 12dB / Octave
Drivers Unit Complement:
2-Way 8˝ C-CAM® RST® cone bass driver and 1˝ C-CAM pivoting gold dome tweeter
Adjustment Controls: HF Level Switch ( +3 dB / 0 dB / -3 dB ) & Boundary Compensation Switch
Overall Diameter Including grille: 12 3/16"
Overall Depth Including grille: 7 3/8"
Cut Out Diameter: 10 13/16 "
Mounting Depth: 7 1/8 "
Fixing Type: 3 position Tri-Grip® dog leg fixings
Construction Material: Mineral Filled ABS Plastic ( RoHS2 Compliant )
Pre-Construction Bracket: Optional CB 10 ( Light Brown )
Weight: 8 lbs 4 oz
Cable Connection: Gold plated 'push' type terminals
Monitor Audio C 380 - IDC In-Ceiling Speaker
Monitor Audio C 280 In-Ceiling Speaker
Monitor Audio C 180 In-Ceiling Speaker
Monitor Audio C 380 - FX Surround In-Ceiling Speaker
Monitor Audio C 265 In-Ceiling Speaker
Monitor Audio CP - CT380IDC 3-Way 8" Trimless In-Ceiling Speaker with Backbox
Monitor Audio CP - CT 260 2-Way 8" Trimless In-Ceiling Speaker