We're confident the CP-CT260 from Monitor Audio will please discerning listeners who just happen to prefer their speakers to stay out of sight and out of the way. Why? One reason is its built-in back-box: a compact enclosure on the back that helps it deliver consistently focused, well-balanced sound. With normal open-back in-ceiling speakers, the space that's behind them can affect their tonal characteristics, and not always in a good way. By taking the guesswork out of the equation, Monitor Audio ensures that when you install a Controlled Performance speaker in your ceiling, you'll want to keep it there.
A High Tech Tweeter & Woofer
Another reason we're set on this in-ceiling speaker is because Monitor has lavished attention on the build quality of its drivers. Both the 1" tweeter and 6" woofer are made of a high-tech ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy that originally debuted as a material for jet engine components. It's a fantastic material for speakers, too, because it results in drivers that are extremely lightweight and rigid, which means they can respond to audio signals swiftly and precisely. The tweeter is further treated with an anodized layer of gold for ideal stiffness and damping characteristics. This 1" dome also pivots, so you can aim it toward your preferred listening spot for more direct sound.
C-CAM® Bass Drivers:
Refined over many years by Monitor Audio, Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium is used as a driver cone material for all our speaker designs from the mid-market models up.
- Pivoting C-CAM gold dome tweeter and C-CAM bass driver.
- High overall efficiency.
- High frequency level adjustment ( +/- 3 dB ).
- Boundary compensation controls.
- Our innovative Tri-Grip® fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes but provides three times the surface area and a better surface seal, maximizing bass response and mid-range clarity.
- Magnetic and easily removable steel grille.
- Paint-able surface to blend with the living environment. Additional trim material is provided for trouble free painting.
- Airtight enclosure design, which protects each precision-engineered driver system against the damaging ingress of dust and dirt