The centre speaker does the majority of the heavy lifting in any home cinema system – but that doesn’t mean a centre speaker must look like a heavyweight. Thanks to the compact dimensions of the 2 ½" C-CAM mid-range driver with a MPD high-frequency transducer module, and the 6 ½" RDT II bass drivers either side, Gold C 250 is a three-way design without the big footprint you might expect.
Its wide dispersion characteristics make it a wide-screen listen, and it’s adaptable enough to sit happily between any of the speakers in the Gold Series.
- Sealed cabinet configuration for in-cabinet or close to wall placement
- MPD high frequency transducer – articulate, extended high frequencies, yet supremely smooth
- Dual 6.5" bespoke bass drivers, featuring:
- RDT II Cone technology – specially developed Sandwich cone technology using thin C-CAM, Nomex honeycomb core and woven carbon fibre back skin to return incredible stiffness, yet light and well damped
- DCF ( Dynamic Coupling Filter ) – optimized to reduce high frequency cone break-up and further reduce distortion
- Pureflow silver-plated OFC copper internal cabling – highest quality transfer through the signal chain
- Soft touch top trim – giving a luxurious, premium quality furniture grade touch and appearance
- Single-bolt-through driver technology – providing increased bracing strength, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- Bespoke magnetic grilles – clean visual styling, virtually acoustically transparent
- Custom-made, high-quality gold plated bi-wire terminals
System Format: 3-way
Frequency Response ( -6 dB ): 40 Hz – 50k Hz
Sensitivity ( 1 watt @ 1 Meter ): 88 dB
Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms
Minimum Impedance: 2.8 Ohms @ 3.7k Hz
Maximum SPL: 111 dBA ( each )
Power Handling ( RMS ): 200 watt
Recommended Amplifier Requirements: 80 – 200 watt
Bass Alignment: Sealed cabinet
L.F / M.F: 1.2k Hz
M.F / H.F: 4k Hz
Drive Unit Complement:
2 x 6 1/2" RDT II long-throw bass driver
1 x 2 1/2" C-CAM mid-range driver
1 x MPD high-frequency transducer
External Dimensions Including Grille and Terminals ( H x W x D ): 8 1/16" x 21 1/8" x 13"
Weight ( each ): 31 lbs 14 oz
Shipping dimensions & weight: 13" x 17" x 26", 37.5 lbs
Gold C250 speakers are compatible with PLC350 II stand !!!