This compact floor-standing loudspeaker is rich with the timeless styling, bespoke cabinetry and the truly engaging performance from its new Dual Concentric Gold Reference driver that can trace its history back to 1967.
The Stirling GR crossover benefits from a widespread component upgrade including highest quality capacitors designed to TANNOY’s exacting specification. The entire crossover board undergoes Deep Cryogenic Treatment, a technique TANNOY developed for the flagship Kingdom Royal project. This improves the crystal structure of not only the components and cabling on the hard-wired crossover-board but throughout the contacts and solder joints leading to a smoother and more natural presentation.
The Stirling GR cabinet is hand built from the finest plywood using traditional joinery methods to ensure that attention to detail and unique styling go hand in hand. A distributed port design for exemplary LF response from the 85-litre enclosure, the cabinet is finished in Prestige oiled real walnut wood veneer and complimented with solid walnut trim and edging, machined metal trim and adjustable HF power.
Capable of handling peak input power of up to 340 watts and boasting prodigious 91 dB efficiency, the Stirling has the power and authority of much larger and more affluent loudspeakers. It is detailed, dynamic and outstandingly articulate sound with all the musical cohesion inherent with the Dual Concentric driver. Stirling GR offers the bespoke cabinetry and remarkable performance of TANNOY’s Prestige series, yet costs no more than a typical mass produced loudspeaker.
- 2-way floorstanding loudspeaker for medium to large sized rooms
- Dual Concentric driver technology provides class-leading coherence and point-source imaging
- 10" highly efficient driver with 91 dB/Watt sensitivity and 340 Watt peak power handling deliver breath-taking dynamics and realism
- Tulip Waveguide with 25 mm aluminum-magnesium dome enhances the point source symmetrical dispersion properties, providing exceptional high frequency clarity and articulation
- Low frequency paper pulp cone with twin roll fabric surround provide natural sounding midrange and bass transient performance
- Handcrafted oiled walnut veneered cabinet with walnut inlays provides a unique and timeless piece of furniture
- Capacitors, low loss laminated core inductors and close tolerance wire-wound resistors delivering a more natural and cohesive sound
- Custom gold plated bi-wireable binding posts to improve signal transmission and integrity
- Fifth binding post provides grounding to reduce radio frequency interference and improve midrange clarity
- High density particle board cabinet provides extreme rigidity to control low frequency performance
- Distributed Port system gives powerful and extended low frequency performance
- Extensive bracing incorporating DMT ( Differential Materials Technology ) to couple drivers to cabinets
- Precision machined gold anodized aluminum adjustment panel metal trim complements the aesthetic of the real wood cabinet
- Specially formulated Prestige wood wax provided to keep cabinet in pristine condition
Recommended Amplifier Power: 20 - 170 W
Continuous Power Handling: 85 W RMS
Frequency Response (-6 dB): 39Hz - 46kHz
Sensitivity: 91dB (2.83 Volts @ 1 m)
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohm (5 ohm min)
Drivers: Dual Concentric high-frequency (25mm (1.00) aluminium alloy dome with Tulip Waveguide), Dual Concentric low-frequency (254mm (10.00") treated paper pulp cone with HE twin roll fabric surround. 42mm (15/8") edge wound voice coil)
Dispersion: 90 degrees conical
Crossover Frequency: 1.8kHz
Type: Bi-wired, hard-wired passive, low loss 2nd order compensated LF, 2nd order
HF Adjustment: +/- 3dB over 1.8 kHz to 46 kHz shelving
Enclosure Type: Distributed Port Volume: 85 L (3 cu ft)
Dimensions: 33.5" x 15.5" x 14.5"
Weight: 50.7 lbs