Processing the delicate phono signal is one of the biggest challenges that amplifier designers have to face. That is why the Acoustic Signature Tango Reference is undoubtedly the most elaborate phono preamplifier we have ever made.
The resonance-optimized and anti-magnetic chassis made of a 70 mm thick and 22 kg solid aluminum block, makes it clear how serious we are about this phono equalizer. The over-dimensioned power supply with toroidal transformer is located on a separate board to ensure an absolute current stability. Both assemblies are mounted on a special shielding steel plate to avoid any interference with the phono signal.
The Tango Reference uses only high quality components that are individually selected. In this way, its semi-active RIAA equalization achieves extremely accurate values with a maximum deviation of less than 0.1 dB from the ideal curve! The elaborate single-ended output stage was designed in Class A to guarantee minimal distortion as well as low hum and noise – the basis for high-resolution, fascinating 3D-imaging and involving musicality. With its selectable gain and 90-steps load impedance configuration, the Tango Reference also offers optimal matching options for any high-quality MM & MC Cartridge.
- Phono preamplifier for MC, MI & MM cartridges
- Resonance-optimized and antimagnetic aluminum chassis
- Super precise RIAA and extremely low distortion due to high quality components and single-ended output stage ( Class A )
- Extremely low hum & noise due to very short signal paths
- Over-dimensioned power supply
- Subsonic filter against low-frequency interferences
- 4 selectable gain steps
- Adjustable load impedance via 90-steps DIP switch
MM: 42 dB,
RCA, MM/MC selectable
Operation Voltage ( internal power supply ):
24 V DC
> 92 dB ( 1 kHz )
MM: 89 dB,
( W ) 424 x ( D ) 244 x ( H ) 80 mm
Shipping Weight & Dimensions: 45 lbs , 15" x 9" x 9"