Entirely conceived, engineered and manufactured in Great Britain, Huei has been carefully designed to provide turntables with the same high standards of amplification that Chord Electronics has become known for over the past 30 years.
Benefitting from both Moving Magnet and Moving Coil functionality, Huei offers compatibility with a huge range of cartridges thanks to comprehensive gain and impedance-matching options; Huei’s high- and low-gain switching settings are easily accessible via front-panel controls, introducing welcome flexibility.
Huei’s advanced design offers ( for the first time in a Chord Electronics phono preamp ) ultra-low-noise microprocessor control of its main features, including a convenient memory function. With multiple options for impedance-matching, seven-stage switchable gain and a switchable rumble filter, Huei’s design offers comprehensive compatibility.
Precision-machined from solid aircraft-grade aluminum billet, Huei has a similar form factor to the company’s Qutest DAC and also offers a top-mounted viewing window into the illuminated electronics within. The design also shares the same polychromatic control spheres the company has become known for in its digital products. The illuminated front-panel spheres offer direct access to Huei’s gain and impedance settings, selection for MM/MC cartridges and access to the on-board rumble filter.
Huei is a stylish, practical and high-performance solution for integrating turntables into Chord Electronics’ ( and other ) systems and features both balanced ( RCA ) and unbalanced outputs ( XLR ) with RCA inputs. A high-quality 12V external power supply is also supplied.
- Supported cartridges: Moving magnet and moving coil
- Selectable impedance: 30Ω, 100Ω, 5kΩ, and 4.7pf
- Selectable gain: 60dB, 65dB, and 70dB
- Inputs: 1 x Stereo unbalanced RCA input
1 x Stereo unbalanced RCA output
1 x Stereo balanced output
- Input Impedance: 30Ω – 47kΩ, 50pF – 150pF
- Input Noise: 1.1nV / Hz
- Max Output Voltage RMS: 10v RMS
- Equalization Gain Range: 0 dBV – 75 dBV
- Equalization Response: RIAA Curve
- Equalization Accuracy: +/- 0.1dB
- Frequency Response: RIAA Curve = 12 Hz to 25 kHz
- Rumble Filter: Rausch Slope -24 dB per octave below 50Hz
- Output Impedance: 520Ω ( resistive )
- Input Power Supply: 12v – 100v to 240v 50 / 60Hz PSU
- Dimensions: 160 mm ( W ) x 43 mm ( D ), 72 mm ( H )
- Weight: 770g
Are you an audiophile on a budget? If you check out via PayPal, you have the option offered at PayPal checkout! ( Free to sign-up & free account ).
Or contact us to inquire how you can finance your purchase through our partner, ( Synchrony ).
$649.00 Excl. tax
$10,399.00 Excl. tax
$2,125.00 Excl. tax
$165.00 Excl. tax
$145.00 Excl. tax
$6,625.00 Excl. tax
$5,650.00 Excl. tax
$2,950.00 Excl. tax
$6,725.00 Excl. tax
$14,000.00 Excl. tax