Reference Quality Sound from an In-Wall Speaker
One of the challenges that in-wall speaker designers face is that they don't know how much air space is inside your walls. Monitor Audio has the perfect solution. Their CP-WT380IDC has an airtight, built-in back-box that ensures fantastic performance. This carefully designed enclosure helps it deliver focused, well-balanced sound no matter what kind of space is behind it in your wall.
High Tech Drivers for Better Sound
One of Monitor Audio's hallmark technologies is their C-CAM® driver material. It's a ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy originally developed by the aerospace industry for jet engine components. It's super-lightweight and strong, which allows the drivers to respond very quickly and precisely.
The CP-WT380IDC has three separate drivers, all made from C-CAM: a 1" dome tweeter, a 4" midrange, and a beefy 8" woofer.
- Pivoting IDC C-CAM gold dome tweeter.
- Pivoting module consisting of IDC midrange driver and C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter.
- C-CAM bass driver featuring Rigid Surface Technology ( RST ).
- High overall efficiency.
- High frequency level adjustment ( +/- 3 dB ).
- Midrange frequency level adjustment.
- Boundary compensation controls.
- Die-cast aluminum front baffle.
- Our innovative Tri-Grip fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes but provides three times the surface area and a better surface seal, maximizing bass response and mid-range clarity.
- Magnetic and easily removable steel grille.
- Paint-able surface to blend with the living environment. Additional scrim material is provided for trouble free painting.
- Airtight enclosure design, which protects each precision-engineered driver system against the damaging ingress of dust and dirt.
Frequency Response: 50 Hz - 30k Hz
Nominal Impedance: 6 ohms
Sensitivity ( 1 Watt @ 1 Meter ): 89 dB
Maximum SPL: 109.6 dBA
Power Handling ( RMS ): 120 Watt
Recommended Amplifier Requirements: 30 - 120 Watt
Bass low pass: 300 Hz @ 6 dB / Octave
Mid: 300 Hz @ 6 dB / Octave & 3k Hz @ 12 dB / Octave
Drive Unit Complement:
8" C-CAM RST cone bass driver
4" C-CAM IDC cone mid range driver
1" C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter
( tweeter & midrange driver combined in a pivoting module )
HF Level Switch ( +3 dB / 0 dB / -3 dB )
MF Level Switch ( +3 dB/ 0 dB / -3 dB )
Boundary Compensation Switch
Overall Dimensions: ( H x W x D ) 18 5/8" x 11 15/16"
Overall Depth ( Including Grille ): 4 3/16"
Cut-Out Dimensions:17 1/4" x 10 9/16"
Mounting Depth: 3 7/8"
Fixing Type: 6 position Tri-Grip dog leg fixings
Construction Material: Mineral Filled ABS Plastic ( RoHS2 Compliant )
Weight: 12 lbs 6 oz
Pre-Construction Bracket ( Optional ): WB 10 Pre-Construction Bracket ( Light Brown )