Jam Packed with High-End Speaker Technology
Monitor Audio has pulled off a trio of accomplishments with their W280-IDC in-wall speaker. Its three-way design provides smooth blending of its 8" woofer, 4" midrange, and 1" tweeter. They've mounted the tweeter and midrange driver together on a pivoting module, so you can direct sound towards you. And built-in woofer and tweeter output adjustments let you tailor the sound to your room. The W280-IDC is an excellent choice for a high-end in-wall stereo system, or as a left or right channel in a Monitor Audio home theater system.
High-Tech Drivers for Better Sound
One of Monitor Audio's hallmark technologies is their "C-CAM" driver material. It's a ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy originally developed by the aerospace industry for jet engine components. It's super lightweight and strong, which allows the drivers to respond very quickly and precisely, for accurate sound.
All three of the W280-IDC's drivers are made from this material. The dome tweeter is even treated with an anodized layer of gold for smooth, extended high-frequency response
Easy to Access Controls
The front panel of the W280-IDC provides easy access to its sound control features. The 1" tweeter has a three-position output level switch which lets you cut or boost high frequencies — a valuable adjustment if you have reflective surfaces like hardwood floors or windows, or absorptive surfaces like thick carpets or upholstered furniture.
The W280-IDC also has a boundary compensation switch, so you can adjust low-frequency output if the speaker is installed near a corner, to prevent boominess.
- Unique IDC dual concentric mid-range/ HF module offering up to 18 degrees of pivot in all directions. Easily directed during post install set-up.
- C-CAM drivers throughout, providing coherent tonal balance and sonic signature across the entire audio frequency spectrum.
- Special Inverted C-CAM RST profile mid-range cone provides improved dispersion pattern.
- True 3-way designs.
- High overall efficiency.
- High frequency level adjustment ( +/- 3dB ).
- Boundary compensation control.
- Audio match with CP range 200 models and Silver Series hi-fi speakers.
- Our innovative Tri-Grip® fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes but provides three times the surface area and a better surface seal, maximizing bass response and mid-range clarity.
- Magnetic and easily removable steel grille.
- All models are paint-able to blend with the living environment. Additional scrim material is provided for trouble free painting.
- All models are splash and humidity proof for installation in shower rooms or pool areas.
- All models feature dust protection covers that are designed to prevent the ingress of dirt or dust into the driver and crossover.
Frequency Response: 50 Hz - 30k Hz
Impedance: ( Nominal) 6 Ohms
Sensitivity ( 1 Watt @ 1 Meter ): 90 dB
Maximum SPL: 111.6 dBA
Power Handling ( RMS ): 120 Watt
Recommended Amplifier Requirements: 30 Watt - 120 Watt
Drivers Unit Complement:
8” C-CAM® cone bass driver, pivoting IDC module housing:
4” C-CAM RST® inverted mid range driver
1” C-CAM gold dome tweeter
Adjustment Controls: HF Level Switch ( +3dB / 0dB / -3dB ) with Boundary Compensation Switch
Overall Diameter Including grille: 11 1/4"
Overall Depth Including grille: 6 5/16"
Cut Out Diameter: 9 3/4"
Mounting Depth: 6 1/8"
Fixing Type: 3 position Tri-Grip® dog leg fixings
Construction Material: Mineral Filled ABS Plastic ( RoHS2 Compliant )
Optional Pre-Construction Bracket: CB8 ( Green )
Weight: 7 lbs 8 oz