Consistent Performance No Matter Where you Mount it!
One of the key ingredients behind this speaker's impressive performance is its built-in back-box: a compact, fully sealed enclosure on the back that helps it deliver consistently focused, well-balanced sound. With normal open-back in-wall speakers, the space that's behind them can affect their tonal characteristics, and not always in a good way. By taking the guesswork out of the equation, Monitor Audio ensures that when you install a Controlled Performance Series speaker in your wall, you'll want to keep it there.
A High Tech Tweeter & Woofer
Another hallmark of Monitor Audio is the careful attention they pay to the build quality of their speaker drivers. Both the 1" tweeter and 6" woofer are made of a high-tech ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy that originally debuted as a material for jet engine components. It's a fantastic material for speakers, too, because it results in drivers that are extremely lightweight and rigid, which means they can respond to audio signals swiftly and precisely. The tweeter is further treated with an anodized layer of gold for ideal stiffness and damping characteristics. This 1" dome also pivots, so you can aim it toward your preferred listening spot for more direct sound.
- Pivoting C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter and C-CAM bass driver.
- High overall efficiency.
- High frequency level adjustment ( +/- 3 dB ).
- Boundary compensation controls.
- Our innovative Tri-Grip fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes but provides three times the surface area and a better surface seal, maximizing bass response and mid-range clarity.
- Magnetic and easily removable steel grille.
- Paint-able surface to blend with the living environment. Additional trim material is provided for trouble free painting.
- Airtight enclosure design, which protects each precision-engineered driver system against the damaging ingress of dust and dirt.
Frequency Response: 65 Hz - 25k Hz
Nominal Impedance: 6 ohms
Sensitivity: ( 1 Watt @ 1 Meter ) 88 dB
Maximum SPL: 106.9 dBA
Power Handling ( RMS ): 65 Watt
Recommended Amplifier Requirements: 20 - 65 Watt
Crossover Frequency: 2.6k Hz @ 12 dB / Octave
Drive Unit Complement:
6" C-CAM cone bass driver
1" C-CAM pivoting Gold Dome tweeter
HF Level Switch ( +3 dB / 0 dB / -3 dB )
Boundary Compensation Switch
Overall Dimensions: ( H x W x D ) 16 5/16" x 10 5/16"
Overall Depth ( Including Grille ): 4"
Cut-Out Dimensions: 15" x 9"
Mounting Depth: 3 3/4"
Fixing Type: 6 position Tri-Grip dog leg fixings
Construction Material: Mineral Filled ABS Plastic ( RoHS2 Compliant )
Weight: 7 lbs 4 oz
Pre-Construction Bracket: WB8 Pre-Construction Bracket ( Green )
Back Box: WCBOX-L