In the six years since the last NAIT integrated amplifiers were released, our research and development team have worked on a range of amplifier improvements.
The result is upgraded power amplifier sections for NAIT XS 3, delivering greater pace and intimacy to their musical delivery – whether it's driving a pair of loudspeakers or your favorite pair of headphones.
The NAIT XS 3 has received significant performance upgrades, including a built-in phono stage, making it a perfect partner for turntables, as well as for streamers, CD players, or any other music source people want to enjoy with the signature Naim sound.
The NAIT XS 3 offers much of the performance of our reference quality SUPERNAIT 3 in a simpler, slimmer package combining a 70 watt power amplifier with five analogue inputs plus a phono stage. Its high-performance preamplifier stage is as transparent as you would expect from a Naim Audio amplifier, and it also shares the single-ended class-A headphone output of its larger sibling.
The NAIT XS 3 can be upgraded with our external power supplies, power amplifiers and even cabling upgrades to get the best from all sources.
With our typical obsessive attention to detail – all in service of achieving the most authentic musical performance – the NAIT XS 3 benefits from the following features:
- Class A headphone amplification
- Alps Blue Velvet volume control
- Reed relay input selection
- Ceramic insulators for the power transistors
- Galvanically isolated microprocessor control section
- Microphonic-isolating PCB mounts
The Upgrades in More Detail:
- Our R&D team has found a way to more than double the speed of the voltage gain stage, which in turn doubles the rate at which the speaker output stage can react
- The second gain stage transistors have been optimized, so they no longer need to be shielded by a cascade stage transistor. Removing the cascade means less amplifier stabilization is required: that doubles the slew rate and delivers another uplift in sound quality
- The phono circuit topology comprises 3 stages: the gain stage, passive equalization and final gain and active equalization. This enables excellent noise performance, extended RIAA equalization beyond the audio band and great overload headroom
- All RIAA equalization capacitors are ‘through-hole’ mounted film designs, with low microphonic pickup and excellent transient performance. As phono stages are 1000x more sensitive than other inputs, this greatly benefits the sound quality
- Input impedance is 47 kΩ in parallel with 470F capacitive loading; the gain is perfect for 5mV moving magnet cartridges
Naim Audio Nait XS 3 Integrated Amplifier User's Manual
Inputs: MM RCA phono input: 47k Ω parallel 470 pF input impedance, suitable for 5 mV cartridges
Line-Level Inputs: 130 mV sensitivity, 47k Ω input impedance, suitable for 2 Volt
Power Amp in: DIN Socket
Powered Accessory Sockets: +24 Volts for Naim phono amplifier
Speaker Outputs ( 4 mm sockets ): 70 watt per channel into 8 Ω, 100 watt per channel into 4 Ω
Line Outputs, variable: Pre-amp ( DIN ), bi-amp ( DIN ), sub ( RCA pair ) 775 mV, <50 Ω
Line Outputs, fixed: AV ( DIN ), stream ( DIN ) 130 mV, 600 Ω
Headphone Output: 1/4 inch ( 6.35 mm ) TRS Socket
Updates: 1 x USB mini-B
Remote Input: 1 x 3.5 mm
Power Consumption, max: 350 VA
Power Consumption, quiescent: 16 VA
Shipping weight: 26.45 lbs
Shipping dimensions: 7.87" x 23.2" x 19.7"
Weight: 18.7 lbs
Dimensions ( H x W x D ): 2.7" x 17" x 12.36"
Supplied with: NARCOM-5 remote control, power cord, link plug, safety manual
Contact us to inquire how you can finance your purchase through our partner, .
Naim Audio Supernait 3 Integrated Amplifier
Naim Audio Nait 5SI Slim Chassis Integrated Amplifier
Naim Audio ND5 XS 2 Network Player
Naim Audio Uniti Nova
Naim Audio NAC 282 Analog Preamplifier
Naim Audio Uniti Atom with HDMI ARC Board
Naim Audio Uniti Nova FM