With its world-class performance, the versatile and upgradable NDX 2 embodies the current state of the art. A host of features such as high-res UPnPTM streaming, AirPlay, Chromecast built-in, Bluetooth ( aptX HD ), Spotify Connect, TIDAL, Roon compatibility, vTuner internet radio and multi-room streaming as well as digital and USB inputs provide all the connectivity you could wish for.
Our main focus in developing the NDX 2 network player, however, was its performance. Along with Naim’s bespoke streaming platform, we implemented an upgraded DAC and discrete analog stages. These and numerous other improvements over its acclaimed predecessor make the NDX 2 a sonic force to be reckoned with, offering highly immersive and lively replay quality.
- UPnP-enabled to allow streaming of audio files at up to 32 bit / 384k Hz resolution from Naim Audio hard disk servers, network-attached storage ( NAS ) devices or any home computer.
- Supports a broad range of music formats: WAV, FLAC, DSD, Apple Lossless, AIFF, AAC, Windows Media-formatted files, M4A and MP3. Gapless playback on all file formats.
- Four 24 bit / 192k Hz capable digital inputs ( S/PDIF ) to support optimum connection to external sources
- 5” color display presenting album artwork as well as track information.
- Built-in Chrome-cast allows you to stream from hundreds of supported smartphone or tablet apps ( 192k Hz ).
- Apple AirPlay – stream music from your iOS device or from iTunes and Apple Music.
- Spotify Connect built-in to stream millions of songs from the world’s most popular streaming service.
- Native support for TIDAL streaming service with free 90 day trial of lossless HiFi tier.
- Front-panel USB port for replay of MP3 player and USB-stored audio ( 1.6 A charge ).
- vTuner 5* full-service internet radio.
- Multi-room & Party Mode compatible.
- iOS and Android Naim Audio app for intuitive control.
- Bluetooth connectivity with aptX HD codec for quality audio playback.
- Thanks to RC5 system integration, you can control compatible amplifiers that are connected to your network player directly from the Naim app on a phone or tablet.
- Bi-directional, Zigbee®-compatible remote control.
- Roon ready – turning your music collection into a beautifully laid out catalog.
The Burr-Brown® PCM 1792A digital-to-analog converter working alongside our new streaming platform is one of the best available. We improved its performance even further by implementing our own digital filters and adding a discrete current-to-voltage converter immediately after the DAC.
The streaming section of the NDX 2 uses the latest Naim network card featuring low-noise, high-speed low-voltage differential signaling ( LVDS ) to route the digital audio signal. The higher speed is capable of decoding all HD audio formats at up to 32 bits / 384k Hz or DSD 128. Rather than the source acting as the digital timing master, our new streaming board turns things around and allows our DAC clock to control the flow of audio data. The data is integer-over-sampled in a SHARC DSP to an incredible 40-bit accuracy before it’s fed to the Burr-Brown DAC.
The NDX 2 features an integrated low-noise power supply with a custom-designed toroidal transformer and separate windings for the digital and analog sections. However, the player can be upgraded with an external XPS DR or 555 PS DR power supply, giving you a marked increase in sonic authority and emotion.
During the development of the NDX 2, our engineers examined every detail, from mechanical construction, component selection and board layout. The result is a network player worthy of the Naim badge, with a sound that’s rich, detailed and engaging.
- Digital ( S/PDIF ):
2 x Optical TOSLink ( up to 24 bit / 96k Hz )
1 x coaxial RCA ( up to 24 bit / 192k Hz, DoP 64Fs )
1 x coaxial BNC ( up to 24 bit 192k Hz, DoP 64Fs )
- USB: 2 x USB Type A socket ( front and rear – 1.6 A charge )
- Streaming: Chrome-cast built-in, Apple AirPlay, TIDAL, Spotify® Connect, Bluetooth ( AptX HD ), Internet Radio, UPnP™ ( hi-res streaming ), Roon Ready
1 x RCA pair
1 x 5-pin DIN
Network: Ethernet ( 10 / 100M bps ), WiFi ( 802.11 b/g/n/ac with external antenna )
Updates: Update your system wirelessly via the Naim app
- Multiroom: Party Mode Streaming: Sync up to six Naim products and control via the Naim app
- Audio Formats:
WAV – up to 32 bits / 384k Hz
FLAC and AIFF – up to 24 bit / 384k Hz
ALAC ( Apple Lossless ) – up to 24 bit / 384k Hz
MP3 – up to 48k Hz, 320k bit ( 16 bit )
AAC – up to 48k Hz, 320k bit ( 16 bit )
OGG and WMA – up to 48k Hz ( 16 bit )
DSD – 64 and 128 Fs
M4A – up to 48k Hz, 320k bit ( 16 bit )
Note: Gapless playback supported on all formats.
- Internet Radio Formats: Windows Media-formatted content, MP3, ACC, OGG Vorbis streams and MMS
- Internet Radio Provider: vTuner premium 5*
Ripping and Storage
- Storage: 2 x USB Type A socket ( front and rear – 1.6 A charge )
- Power Consumption: Typical use: 19 Watts
- Network standby mode: <2 Watt
- Deep sleep: <0.5 Watt
- Handheld: Zigbee® RF4CE
- App Control: Naim App for iOS and Android
- Front Panel: 5″color LCD display and four buttons
Physical Dimensions: 87 mm x 432 mm x 314 mm ( H x W x D )
Weight: 10 kg
Finishes: Brushed and anodized aluminum
Supplied with: Zigbee® remote (includes batteries), Burndy link plug, 5-pin DIN interconnect cable, BNC to RCA adaptor, Wi-Fi ( x 2 ) and Bluetooth antennae, cleaning cloth, quick start guide
- Power Supply: 555 PS DR / XPS/ XP5 XS
- Mains Cable: Power-Line
- Other: Super Lumina / Hi-Line
Are you an audiophile on a budget? If you check out via PayPal, you have the option offered at PayPal checkout! ( Free to sign-up & free account ).
Or contact us to inquire how you can finance your purchase through our partner, ( Synchrony ).