Bowers & Wilkins 702 S2
Immersive, Lifelike Sound
The advanced design of the Bowers & Wilkins 702 S2 can imbue small-group recordings with warmth, but it goes the extra mile to render big performances — symphonies, live concert recordings, etc. — with a level of accuracy and detail that almost rivals being there. You can use a pair as part of a hi-fi stereo music setup, or for the front channels of a mind-blowing surround sound setup for memorable movie nights.
Bowers & Wilkins has spent decades creating and honing technology that gives their speakers a unique and beautiful "voice."
The 1" Decoupled Carbon Dome™ tweeter was purpose-built for the 700 Series to bring studio-quality sound to your home system. The top-mounted solid-body housing — borrowed from the 800 Series — is milled from a solid block of aluminum to form a structure that resists unwanted resonance.
The decoupled 6" Continuum™ cone FST™ midrange also benefits from tech developed for the high-end 800 Series. The cone's composite construction delivers precise vocals and instruments and smooths transitions.
The speaker's three 6-1/2" Aerofoil™ Profile bass cones are computer-modeled to provide the stiffness and rigidity required for deep, musical bass.
Flowport™ for Better Bass
Bowers & Wilkins' Flowport technology helps this bookshelf speaker produce solid bass. The 706's bass reflex enclosure features a rear-firing, dimpled and flared port that provides natural bass response without the turbulent "chuffing" that standard ports can create. The speaker includes a two-piece foam plug that can be inserted if you want to adjust bass response to your liking.
- 3-way, 5-driver design
- 1" Decoupled Carbon Dome™ tweeter in solid-body housing
- 6" Decoupled Continuum™ cone FST ( Fixed Suspension Transducer ) midrange
- Three 61/2" Aerofoil™ Profile bass cones
- Frequency response: 46-28,000 Hz ( ±3 dB )
- Bass-reflex cabinet with rear-firing Flowport™
- Sensitivity: 90 dB
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Recommended amplifier power: 50-300 watts
- Dual pairs of gold-plated binding post speaker terminals allow bi-amp/bi-wire configurations
- Includes a 2-piece foam port plug for adjusting the speaker's low-frequency performance
- Removable grille is magnetically attached
- Included plinth and carpet spikes provide added stability
Dimensions & Warranty
- 145/16" ( W ) x 4213/16" ( H ) x 165/16" ( D ) including plinth
- Weight: 65 lbs.
- Warranty: 5 years
Contact us to inquire how you can finance your purchase through our partner, .